August 26, 2009

blueberry banana bread!

doesn't this blueberry banana bread sound luscious? it's from my dear blog friend teresa in texas! i'll be making this tomorrow...after a trip out for bananas! the picture above was taken at my mom's house a couple of weeks ago! note: blueberry print tablecloth that matches the blueberry dessert! she is just too perfect. smile, wink, nod!

Blueberry Banana Bread
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2/3 cup canola oil
4 eggs
2 cups mashed bananas
2 cups fresh blueberries

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in oats. Add wet ingredients and then fruit, stirring just until mixed. Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to completely cool. When cool, wrap and refrigerate for several hours before slicing.

Teresa in Texas
August 25, 2009 3:47 PM

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hi! Are you getting my emails? :)

Anonymous said...

oh my, now the pressure is on me!! :-) I do hope that you enjoy the Bread. I like it because it's a little more hearty (and less dessert-y) than other quick breads AND it makes two loaves. It's always nice to have the second on hand to give to a friend. See, if I lived next door to you I would just bring a loaf over to you ~ but this way I can only give you the recipe.

Take Care and I do hope that you like it!
Teresa

Lynn said...

That sounds really good! I wonder how it would be with olive oil. I may try and see. Seems like a good choice of heart-healthy dessert for us.

Hugs,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi,
We just made this recipe for brunch this morning, except we made it into muffins instead of bread. We also used olive oil (because we don't do canola) and only 1 cup of sugar. We thought they were very good! Thank you very much for this recipe! Brenda in snowy MN