June 07, 2009

C is for.....


C is for: crafts! I found this little, round, neon green, gingham tin at the quarter store... yep just a quarter. I came home, cleaned it up and slapped a sticker on it...I'm not sure what I will use it for...but it is cheerful and will be fun to use. The sticker and the stickers below, came from the wallpaper border section at Dollar Tree.


What's a girl to do with so many empty bacon bit jars? I painted the lids and slapped more Dollar Tree stickers on the front... I made homemade orange tea mix for one, goldfish and turtle food are home to the polka dotted jars...the others are waiting patiently to be filled!


C also stands for today's awesome Church service on consumerism! The man in the plaid shirt on the far left...just lost his 15 year old daughter in a car accident. My heart breaks for him and I pray for him and admire his strength. He's had a tough Spring. I just want to hug him.

C stands for a big patch of Comfrey! I have done nothing with this herb, except feed it to our rabbits and put it in bouquets like the picture below! It's interesting in a bouquet of iris' don't you think?





p.s. I finished the book, The Persian Pickle Club...it was excellent. My friend Lisa W., you will be so very proud of me...I've set a goal for myself to read 15 books by the end of summer. Next up... Whirlwind by Cathy Marie Hake. Brad, Tommie and I did another 10 mile stretch on our bikes. It felt good...especially since I've ate way too many bbq potato chips this weekend. A hot shower is calling me...and so is my new book. Oh...I failed to mention ... at the shabby chic fair, they had a table of free books. This was one of them. So tell me...what book is in your hands this week?


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I saw those stickers! Thought they were too cute, but didn't know what I'd do with them. You have the touch!

You go, girl, with your reading goal! I'm reading the play for book club this week - The Importance of Being Earnest.

My Blessings From Above said...

I had those exact stickers in my hand yesterday! I could not figure out what I would use them for. So I put them back an picked up some others. I should have waited until I read this post! :)

I have a reading goal for this year. My current read is Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin