January 17, 2009

Saturday deals and easy fruit salad!



All this...... for $1.68. I'm happy to share the deals, I got today at Meijers and Rite-Aid! Here's how I did it....
  • Only buy what we use.

I buy several Sunday papers and collect coupons from my mom and mother-in-law!

I check in with Hotcouponworld.com and CouponCabin.com everyday...sometimes twice a day! Plus, Meijers has some pretty insane deals on Saturdays!

I never realized this...but you can stack coupons! I'll give you an example... the Kellogg's cereal above...it was on sale for 2 for $5. I had 2 coupons off the internet for $1. off...brings it down to $3. or $1.50 a box. Then I had a .50 off coupon out of the Rite Aid flyer. Now, it's $1.25 a box. I had another Kellogg's coupon from peelie's (the coupons stuck on boxes) for $1. off a box. That made each box .25 cents.

I did the same thing with the Millie's Bread. Today, at Meijers....it was buy one loaf get two free! One loaf was $3.19....so, basically I got 3 for $3.19...we'll round it off to $3. I had three coupons for .50 each...Meijers doubles them so I got $3. knocked off... leaving me to pay .19 for 3 loaves of bread. Which I split up and put in the freezer!

I did the same thing with Pillsbury Grand biscuits...6 free...there was a peelie coupon and an additional Sunday paper coupon I stacked.

Tic-tac candy- Free with coupon at Rite Aid.

Ziplock freezer baggies 20 count- .50 after Rite Aid and manufacturer coupon.

7 more FREE bags of mashed potatoes...can one ever have enough?????

1 bottle of 7-Up- free with coupon at Meijers!

I also picked up 38 bright green Christmas bulbs for $1.60...since I'm a Cloverbud 4H leader, I'm sure I can come up with something crafty for the kids to make... I also picked up Excedrin Migraine medicine (I owe Penny two tablets!) and lip gloss for cheap as well.

I would LOVE to hear about your favorite coupon sites...your coupon deals and how you make couponing work for you! Please share in my comments!

I found a really simple recipe for 1-cup fruit salad on Thriftyfun.com...here's what it looks like and here's the direct link!

Happy Saturday! smile, wink, nod!





6 comments:

Wee Pip said...

Wow! Good deal! You GO girl:)

Diosa Domestica De La Locura said...

Holy coupons batlady!! Please, teach me, sensei...

\IiiI

Diosa Domestica De La Locura said...

Oh, oh...Don did get the girls another Wii wireless GH guitar today for only $10 (usually $40) so that isn't bad, eh lol?

\IiiI

Michele said...

You go girl!!! Love a great deal!

Lisa said...

Amazing deals! The fruit salad looks delish. Meijer had strawberries and blueberries for a good price this week, so maybe I'll make a fruit salad too.

Holly said...

WOW what great deals!!!! I didn't know you could stack those coupons like that I thought they always said "cannot be used with any other offer" lol!