January 18, 2009

Sunday night chatter!


TODAY-SUNDAY: I VENTURED OFF TO CHURCH THIS MORNING. ALONE. BRAD AND TOMMIE WERE PLOWING AND SHOVELING OUT OUR RENTALS AND OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR... AS USUAL, IT WAS A VERY ENLIGHTENING SERVICE. OUR PASTOR'S WIFE..ALSO A LOCAL HOMESCHOOL MOM GAVE THE SERMON. IT WAS ALL ABOUT WALKING THE WALK, CHOOSING THE RIGHT PATH AND SEEING LIFE WITH BROKEN GLASSES. DISTORTION. AFTERWARDS, I ZIPPED THROUGH GOODWILL AND FOUND A FEW GOODIES, WHICH I'LL SHARE SOON AS I TAKE SNAPS. DROVE THROUGH MCDONALD'S DRIVE THROUGH FOR A SNACK CHICKEN WRAP AND SWEET TEA! I THEN CAME HOME AND LISTED SOME JUNK ON EBAY. EBAY'S OFFERING SOME PRETTY GOOD DEALS THE MONTH OF JANUARY...SO, I THOUGHT I'D BETTER GET WITH IT. I MADE ITALIAN CHICKEN SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER. AND NO BAKE COOKIES FOR DESSERT. YOU JUST CAN'T EAT ONE! WHICH PROMPTED ME TO DO A 2-MILE FAST WALK ON THE TREADMILL AND SOME TUMMY CRUNCHES ON THE FLOOR. I ALSO DID A LITTLE HOMESCHOOL PLANNING FOR THIS WEEK.
I FOUND THIS MEME ON PENNY AND LISA'S BLOG (CORNERSTONE AND DISOA DOMESTICA-ON MY SIDEBAR) IT LOOKED LIKE FUN...SO I THINK I'LL GIVE IT A TRY........
A TO Z about me...meme!
A- age: 34 UGH...I mean 44.
B- bed size: queen which we share with the dog!
C- chore you hate: cleaning cupboards/drawers/closets
D- dad's name: Thomas or Tom
E- essential start to my day?: this laptop and a cup of instant very caffinated coffee
F- favorite actor (s): Richard Gere, Micheal Douglas, all time favorite...Peter Sellers
G- gold or silver? without a doubt SILVER!
H- height? 5 foot 1 or 2
I- instruments I play? wax paper on a comb!
J- job title? ugh? teacher, janitor, school cook, housekeeper, grocery-getter, 4H leader, thrift store junkie!
K- kids? just one- Tommie age 10
L- living arrangements? In a very tiny, itsy bitsy old home! No storage space. Floors squeak when you walk. Garage not attached. Super small kitchen. And, I love it completely-totally! It's a happy home, which I share with Brad, Tommie and our dog Lucy.
M- mom's name? Joann. I never called my parents mom and dad. I always called them Tom and Joann...from a very early age. They liked it.
N- nickname? Shell, Shelly, Merna (from my cousin Cathy).
O- overnight hospital stay other then birth? back in June- for gall bladder surgery-- I had complications with the anesthetic.
P- pet peeves? over-confident people, bad gossip, negative people, people who lie, moody people...yes...anytime I'm around people like this...I unobtrusively move on!
Q- quotes you like: if you have the choice of being right or choosing kindness, choose kindness....by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
R. right or left handed? right.
S. siblings: I am an only child.
T: time you woke up today: 5:30 am (my internal alarm goes off every morning between 5:30 and 6).
U: Where's U?????
V: vegetable you hate: parsnips and rutabagas
W: n/a
X: x-rays I've had: my broken foot, abdominal, teeth, lots of mammograms!
Y: Yummy foods I make? cookies, breads, pies and cakes!
Z: Zodiac: I don't participate in astrology.

No comments: