December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

"Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas, friends!"
So, what's on your to-do list, this last day before Christmas? Are you completely organized...like the people on a Hallmark Christmas movie? Or are you breaking out in itchy red hives, wondering how it's all going to fall into place?
Here's my to-do list for today...
  • head up to Krogers for last minute fresh produce and a gift card that I thought I bought, but didn't.

  • wrap a few little gifts
  • clean the house because my in-laws are coming for dinner...I'm making a recipe from my Pamper Chef cookbook, I'm not sure what it's called...but it is like a stuffed-chicken-cresent-roll-ring.. easy, looks like I really fussed, plus, I have all the ingredients! I'm also making chicken rice soup and will serve it in small bowls!

  • make a big pasta salad for tomorrow's dinner!

  • Christmas caroling with our neighbors at their house this afternoon...Brad really wishes I didn't say yes to this...he's not the singing type...but, I think it will be good for his soul, don't you? I told him he could just smile and move his lips! Lip-sinc!

  • bake a banana-blueberry bread for Christmas morning!

  • oh, and I am so excited...my friend Brandi posted her recipe for Russian Tea-which is absolutely terrific! I will be making that, as well. If you've never tried it, you MUST. This link will take you right to her recipe: Brandi's Russian Tea! She actually brought it to our son's scout meeting and served it to the parents! How nice was that?

I think that's about it. It's time for me to get out of my thermals and sweatshirt, puff up my hair, draw on my lipliner and head up to the local Krogers, before the crowd gets there.

I'm wishing you all a very nice Christmas Eve and day with your families! By the way, each time I look at the picture above of baby Jesus, I wish I could scoop Him in my arms and give him kisses and hugs!


1 comment:

Lynn Hasty said...

Merry Christmas, Michele! I am so glad we've gotten to know each other better. I hope we can meet in person some day.

Your Friend,
Lynn