November 28, 2008

a Thanksgiving meme!



Lisa at Cornerstone Homeschool Blog, (see my sidebar)... posted this meme. I copy and pasted and made it my own. Thanks for putting it on your blog, Lisa.

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? If I had a large enough home, I would love to have holidays at my house.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? I have never, ever bought a turkey...exept lunch meat!

3. What kind of stuffing? any kind and a lot of it!

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? pumpkin pie!

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Leftovers are the entire point.

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? mashed potatoes!

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? No. But, I did snag a few bones and put them in a ziplock freezer bag for future HOMESCHOOL SCIENCE PROJECTS!

Ever.8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? A bigger oven, a larger kitchen and a larger home. My oven can only hold thismuch.

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? I'm up everyday by 5:45, regardless...it's my internal clock. We had our Thanksgiving Day dinner at 1:30.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? spinich balls or homemade cookies.

11. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? Oh for sure, I am happy to see all of them! There is never any drama.. but always a lot of wild and interesting stories ping-ponging around the room...

12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? oh boy, that's a tough one. I loved all of it...mashed potatoes, turkey, cranberries, stuffing, fruit, green beans, squash..... I'm sorry, I can't commit to just one favorite.

13. What are you thankful for this year? health, my family and friends, honest people, my church, God, the three sweatshirts my mom found at Salvation Army for me, Martin Luther, the History Channel, lipliner, couponing and getting freebies, good books, leftovers, the internet, Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, that I'm not a Pilgrim in 1620, wondering how am I going to make it through the winter?

No comments: