November 21, 2008

BEAUTIFUL JOB, MOM!


It's that time of year again, for taking care of our loved ones gravesites for the Christmas season! Today, after co-op, Brad, Tommie and I will be selecting and placing a grave blanket on my dad's plot. It's tradition! My mom takes care of my grandparents gravesite..usually with a pretty wreath. This year, she let her creative juices flow and brought over this beautiful arrangement she made..with flowers from the Dollar Tree and a basket she had (one of many!) in her basement! She weighted the basket down with a couple of heavy rocks and tied a weather-proof ribbon on! The whole project cost her under $10.! And, it is so much prettier and much more meaningful then a greenhouse wreath, I think... don't you? smile-wink-nod!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog Ivy! Beautiful! And those flowers are beautiful too!