March 04, 2009

cheap pasta salad!

very inexpensive to make!
goes a long way!
healthy!
compliments galore!

Yesterday, I made this pasta salad. It's the second time I made it! It is utterly, mind-blowing good! I like to call it GArBAge PasTA SalAD, since it's a great way to use up odds and ends from your refrigerator crisper. The recipe is HUGE! Enough to share with my favorite neighbor! Which he loves and appreciates! Below, is what Brad delivered to him. My neighbor should be about all pasta'd out by the weekend! Wouldn't ya think? And, yet...there's enough for my lunch for several days, too. Sold yet? Think you should try this? Then scroll down and I'll give you the recipe!



Garbage Pasta Salad!

(note: I use/add whatever I have: celery, tomatoes, turkey pepperoni 70% less fat then regular, carrots, peas, green beans, chopped broccoli, etc.)

1 package of rainbow pasta swirls (I use two packages of spaghetti noodles or whatever is on sale).
1 cucumber
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 can of black olives, drained/diced optional.

Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse with cold water. Place in large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients to pasta; mix thoroughly. Prepare at least 8 hours before serving for best flavor.

This is great for big family or family gatherings, for it feeds an army!

No comments: