September 26, 2011

do you have a carbon monoxide detector?
thankfully, we do.
and it saved my life yesterday.
while canning more spaghetti sauce, i got busy with my aunt on the phone...  chatting in detail and at great lengths.  i was stretched out on the couch, chatting away... while the canning pots on the gas range heated up.  or so i thought.
i heard an alarm.  thought it was our smoke detector.  didn't smell smoke, and continued chatting, thinking it was probably our battery dying out.  it continued to beep.
after a significant amount of time... i couldn't take the beeping and discovered it was our carbon monoxide detector, screaming relentlessly to me.  and warning me to get fresh air.
did that.
and probably explains the faint headache i acquired.
i sure would of been mad, if i died on my birthday. 
smile, wink, nod.

4 comments:

jamie said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad that you are okay, Michele. How scary...so glad that the detector caught it and all is well. Hey, Happy Birthday! I hope it's your very best! :-)

CC said...

Happy Birthday! and thank goodness your okay!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhh dear... scary business there chick! So glad you didn't kick the bucket on your special day!- Janet M

Janet's Creations said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday.

Those little "near death experiences" help us appreciate life, don't you think? I'm glad you're ok. I think I'll go plug my alarm back in.

Was the sauce OK?

Janet