June 07, 2011

first things first...
i'm thrilled to have my laptop back... which is where it's at.... at the moment.  on my lap.  i'm typing from my bed.  the fans blowing on me, on this sweltering michigan night.  current michele-conditions: dopey.  this morning at 5 am, i woke with severe tummy pains.  all over my entire abdominal area... north, south, east and west... and everywhere in between.  the pain was insane.  i went to the emergency room.  4 hours of testing, 4 shots of morphine to control the intense pain, a relaxing cat scan, blood work... revealed all is well internally.  the e.r. doctor chalked it up to food poisoning. let's see....... what did i eat last night for dinner?  a tomato-herb salad, corn on the cob with herb butter, and strawberries.  and a handful or two of ritz whole wheat crackers.  i am feeling much better... the pain is not nearly as bad... but i am groggy and sleep easily.  again... it's probably the morphine in my system.... 



i'm happy to say, that i thoroughly enjoyed the historical fiction, nefertiti.  never in my wildest dreams, did i think ancient egyptian history could captivate me.  so much in fact, i find myself missing the characters. if you get a chance... it's worth requesting from the library.  next up... amish grace... here's a quick link, in case the title intrigues you:  amish grace. 


this past week, i also found myself disappointed when my rented dvd from netflix of, "the duchess," was over.  how can you not be held hostage during that film?  the scenery.  the costumes, the fine, fine acting. not to mention the unthinkable true story line. i feel like renting it again, just to watch the dresses, jewelry, hair styles and gardens.  it was simply lovely.

well my friends, my eyelids are droopy and so i'm signing off, for tonight.
gosh.  it's nice to be back blogging.
smile, wink, nod.

2 comments:

jamie said...

Oh, no...food poisoning is not fun! I am glad that you are feeling better. Welcome back! I missed you. :-)

MICHELE said...

thank you jamie...i missed you, too.