September 01, 2010

digging up potato's in my garden, is like digging for sweet buried treasures! this gem, weighed in at 3 lbs! and to think, my husband weighed 3 lbs at birth. yesterday, i had a booth at the farmer's market. my special aunt, came to visit and bring me cookies. we laughed. we shared kettle popcorn, chatted. and hugged good-bye. then the rain came. and the wind came. my tent ended up flipped over and blown into a tree. when storms like this occur, which they often do at outdoor markets, you really witness Christ-like behavior, first hand. all the vendors, help each other out. packing up trucks, dismantling tents, chasing signs, all while being drenched with warm rain. my most favorite, was watching one "bread" competitor helping his competition. such a beautiful sight. i guess there is a lesson in these storms. when storms come, which they always will... do you wallow around feeling sorry for yourself, playing victim? or do you see beyond the raindrops, through your wet mascara eyes, and see the good? not always easy to do... but, enlightening just the same.
smile, wink, nod.





5 comments:

jamie said...

Wow. What an insightful and thoughtful post. And so true. I think you are just the best, Michele!
My word! What a monster potato...lol Do you have special plans for it?

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

What a HUGE potato!! Yum-my favorite! Thanks for your thoughtful post!

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

My mascara glued my eyes shut, but I'm working on it :).

Take care love \IiiI

~Byn There said...

Gives new meaning to the lyric "praise Him through the storm". Great song.

Call me when the cheesy potatoes are ready. I LOVE those!

Glad to hear Brad is feeling better, can't keep a blessed man down.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your insightful words!! So needed them tonight!!

Lisa in Arkansas