March 12, 2009

Vintage Treasure!


The story behind these tiny little scissors? Oh, I'm curious to know, myself! You see, my father-in-law was recently in Florida...walking along a gravel road... I'm not sure why...but he looked down and at that moment....noticed this very, very vintage pair of sewing scissors! You can see where the holes-where your fingers go, are worn thin! It's engraved with a name- which I can't make out. My father-in-law scooped them up and brought them back across the country and gave them to me! I wonder where they came from? Who they belonged to and the history of their journey? And, how did they end up in a gravel road? You can bet your bottom dollar, that I'll be respecting this treasure! Just wish I knew the history!

Speaking of treasures... I felted two wool sweaters today, traced a couple of plates I had in the cupboard and traced a cookie cutter...then-- organized this new penny rug! I'll be adding more to the flowers...and I'll also be adding leaves or vines.



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those scissors are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sure that we can come up with a lovely sentimental story for the scissors. About how they were the treasured by this lovely little lady- who passed them down to her charming granddaughter. Oh, I could just go on and on, but you'd be bored. Or end up crying, so I'll stop!

They are beautiful and truly a treasure. You've got a great fil, mine would have left them lay!

Hugs!
M

Anonymous said...

love the scissors--and the history. I like old things. And old people. Janet M

Janet said...

Great 2 weeks you have had. love your bird house. Would make nice birthday present. FOR ME he he he just a hint. You make it fun. Very creative.