November 18, 2008

TOO MUCH DOUGH?



ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I LOVE BREAD. PUMPERNICKEL, GARLIC, FRUIT, WHOLE WHEAT, ROLLS, BREADSTICKS, QUICK BREADS, YOU NAME IT. THIS BREADAHOLIC JUST CAN'T SAY NO TO ANY OF IT. THE TRUTH IS, THE OLDER I GET, I'M WONDERING... HOW MUCH BREAD DO I REALLY NEED? IF WE REALLY, REALLY FOLLOWED THE FOOD PYRAMID, THE ONE I THOUGHT I NEEDED TO TEACH MY SON, BECAUSE THE SCOPE AND SEQUENCE TOLD ME TO, THE AMOUNT I WOULD CONSUME, WOULD BE INSANE AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I'M JUST NOT THAT ORGANIZED IN MY DIETARY METHODS! SO, I DECIDED TO PULL THE BREAD BASKET OFF THE DINNER TABLE. DO WE REALLY NEED ALL THAT DOUGH SLOPPING AROUND IN OUR BELLIES AT NIGHT? IT TRULEY LEAVES US FEELING FATIGUED. LETHARGIC. GRUMPY. ESPECIALLY IN THE WINTERTIME! ANOTHER PLUS? BESIDES KNOCKING OFF THE ADDED CARBS...IT'S LESS WE HAVE TO PAY FOR AT THE GROCERY STORE! THAT'S THE TRUTH, TOO! THIS GAL'S SAVING THE BREAD & GRAINS FOR LUNCHTIME! smile, wink, nod!

3 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Ummm, yeah. You tell me if that works for you there Michelle lol. I can't do it. Sorry. Give me a fresh loaf of french bread any day of the week! I'm going to be exhausted and cranky anyway, might as well keep the carbs :).

\IiiI

Lisa said...

Instead of thinking about "bread" and the food pyramid, I focus on fiber content. Most commercial breads don't have ANY fiber, so they are just filler. Cereals are the same way.

Lynn Hasty said...

Michele! I love your new blog girl. Is this the surprise for us?? It's great! Yipppeee! I must update my blog roll.

As far as bread. I love hearty, whole grain breads; tearing off big chunks and dragging them through olive oil. Yummmmmmm.

Lynn